Welcome to the UltraEscape

No home, no car, no worries. On the road since 1996, a TechNomad couple share their travel secrets and adventures.



Alaska Bound (Chicago to Seattle)

It's been awhile since I posted to the site. We have been very busy. After two weeks visiting family in the UP (Upper Peninsula of Michigan) we once again boarded an Amtrak train, this time bound from Chicago to Seattle. The trip took 2 1/2 days.

The Empire Builder passes through Milwaukee, St. Paul/Minneapolis, Fargo, Minot, Harve, Whitefish, and Spokane with intermediate stops on its way to King St. Station in Seattle. We stepped off the train in Minot just to say we'd been to N. Dakota! We also took a few photos with the conductor.

I guess my biggest disappointment with the trip was arriving at Glacier National Park at dusk. I am sure we missed some really wonderful scenery. However, I did get some great snow-capped mountain shots as we descended into Seattle. To bad I don't have more space on this site for photos!

No comments: